Topgolf Charlotte Is A Hit
After much anticipation, Topgolf Charlotte is here! Scheduled to open next Friday, June the 9th Topgolf has something for everyone. From aspiring pros to those who have never been on a golf course, all ya have to do is show up and try. Fun will be had...trust me.
I was invited out to their VIP Showcase to see what the hype was about. I had been hearing about this facility for some time now, so I was excited to check it out. If you have flown in or out of Charlotte recently, I am sure you have seen this massive facility from the sky.
So here is what you need to know:
- Players hit golf balls containing computer microchips that track each shot
- You are awarded points for hitting targets on the 215-yard outfield
- The venue is 60,000 square feet with 3 levels
- Each level has 34 bays that are climate controlled with misters and heaters, so you can enjoy Topgolf year round
- The bar and food menu did not disappoint. From craft beer queso to seared scallops to BBQ & chili, this is not your typical bar menu. The beer list was great, but I was most impressed with the champagne menu; bring on the bubbles!
- Topgolf provides Topgolf U, which is a non-intimidating atmosphere using state of the art technology, along with an instructor who provides 1-on-1 instructions and can assist and answer any questions that non-professional (or professional) golfer may have
- They offer a "beat the pro" contest, which includes closest to the pin, longest drive, pitching and more
- Platinum Memberships are $250/month with a $125 initiation fee and include unlimited Topgolf play during Platinum hours (Monday - Friday open - Noon and Saturday and Sunday open - Noon)
- Topgolf is kid friendly. They offer a package that is $25 per child and includes 2 hours of unlimited play, along with lifetime playing cards and a catered kids menu
- Topgolf makes a great spot to host an event (team building, birthday parties, etc.) They offer red carpet decor, live entertainment (the entire waitstaff loves to "wobble"), interactive DJ, dancing, casino style fun, live bands, photo booths and sports viewing on over 230 flat screens.
My favorite part of the event was when the sun went down! At night Topgolf features an awesome light show with colorfully lit up targets. The lights blink to the beat of whatever music the DJ is playing. It's pretty cool.
A HUGE thank you you Topgolf Charlotte for this experience. I can't wait for Charlotte to see what it's all about. If you are interested in booking an event, reach out to Amber Rowe (Amber.Rowe@topgolf.com or 980-260-4073) and book TODAY.
This is definitely Charlotte's newest place to be. Get out there and have some fun!